Will You See Blue?
The blue dot is a non-toxic, vegetable-based dye tablet that you can use to check for leaky toilets. Check with your local hardware store - they usually sell them. Or replicate the steps below using food coloring. Take action!
How to use your blue dot
- Carefully take the tank off lid off your toilet
- Remove the blue dot from the packaging
- Drop one blue dot into the water of your open tank
- Wait 10 to 20 minutes
- If the blue color appears in your toilet bowl, you have a leak. If the water in your bowl remains clear, you do not have a leak
- The blue water in your tank will be removed during your next toilet flush
Note: the blue water will not stain or harm your toilet. Did you see blue?
A demonstration with Mag Ruffman
Refer to Mag's second demonstration video on our Did You See Blue? page.